Friday, May 6, 2016

Some Crafting By Crafty Guy

My birthday was last week, and Crafty Guy (aka my husband, Mark) presented me with my very own yarn bowl!  As you may know, he is an avid wood worker, specializing in turned wood projects.  Now, I knew that he was busy in the workshop on this particular project for quite a while.  Plus, I had seen the bowl in stages as it was being made.  But now I am the happy owner of the completed bowl.
The bowl is made from pear wood and has a lot of "character marks" and some saw marks from where the wood was originally cut. 
He was careful to make the all of the surfaces nice and smooth so that the yarn would glide smoothly through and not catch.  This was especially important in the channel where the yarn comes out. 
The bottom the the bowl even has a little indentation for the yarn ball to rest.
I just love this gift.  Now when I crochet, the yarn will have its own little place to be, and not rolling all over the couch or wherever it happens to be sitting.  I have to get a crochet project going, don't you think?

8 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday and what a beautiful birthday gift from your DH.
    I can't wait to see your next crochet project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bowl your husband created for you! The wood is gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday Cathy! I hope you had a fabulous day! What a super gift! I love wooden bowls and this one looks beautiful! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very neat gift, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated birthday wishes! Must be nice to receive such a thoughtful and lovely gift from your hubby:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a gorgeous yarn bowl! A belated happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete