Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Pinterest-Inspired Project

I admit it.  I really like Pinterest.  During the past year or so, I've become more of a pinner than in the previous year after I started my account.  It's not an obsession, like I've seen portrayed in a video that's been going around.  I look at Pinterest this way:  it's like a virtual scrapbook for all of your good ideas and all of the cool things you see online. 

As you may know, I have a goal of trying out one of my pinned ideas each month.  I'm trying to vary the projects so that I'm not doing the same type of thing every month.  This month I chose the Mason Jar Pin Cushion Sewing Kit.  Just click over the words for the link to the instructions. 
This was a fun, easy project and I used a lot of things I already had in the craft room.  OK, I did buy the Mason jar.  And I found an adorable PINK measuring tape to go with it.  But that's it.  The pin cushion top only required a small piece of fabric, some fiberfill, felt and hot glue. 
Some little pins that I made with beads from my vast collection.

Little needlebook.

I also included some tiny spools of thread, scissors, a needle threader and some floss.  The needlebook and pin card were made with fabric covered cardboard and felt. 
Wouldn't this be a cute gift for someone just starting out on their own?  Or for someone just getting into sewing or quilting?  You also might want to keep this in mind for Christmas gifts for the crafters and seamstresses in your life!

So to sum it up, this was an inexpensive, relatively quick, and fun project to put together.  Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy! I think it is lovely and it would definitely make a fabulous gift for someone starting out! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, Cathy--and so useful. Love the pink theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Pinterest too, and like you, have been trying to do some of the projects that I have pinned...although I'd have live to about 200 to get them all done! You're mason jar pin cushion sewing set is wonderful...and those little pins are so cute....might have to try making some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable idea Cathy. Yours came out great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not use Pinterest, probably because I know I'd never get anything done haha. For a new crafter, this would make a lovely gift, though a little too pink for my taste. ;) *hides from Vickie*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty! Nice job on your Pinterest project creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet! a wonderful idea and gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, yours looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute. I love the pins. It would make a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete