Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Thing About Gifts

I love giving gifts more than getting them.  I can honestly say that.  And making the gifts I give is even more fun.  But the problem is that I can't show them to anyone and I especially can't feature them here on my blog until they've been given.  My latest project has kept me in the craft room and away from my blog.  The items I've been creating are going to be for my stitch group's next retreat, which is next weekend.  So no pictures or hints about what I've been working on.

My stitch group, the Sisters In Stitches, is having its spring retreat at a new venue - Don Carter State Park in Gainesville, GA.  There are two lovely cabins, completely furnished and stocked with all that we'll need to prepare meals, just waiting for us.  Two of our group members are coming from out of state, and we're all looking forward to seeing each other.  This will be a weekend of stitching, eating and laughing.  My camera will be there to capture highlights of the weekend. 

I have been diagnosed with an arthritic thumb joint in my left hand.  A cortisone shot has been successful in making it feel somewhat less painful.  But for a while, I hadn't done any stitching.  I did pick up my Song Of The Seasons sampler last week and stitched pain-free!  Yay!  Now THAT I can show you a picture of.
Pretty good progress.  I'm almost done with part 2 of this mystery sampler.  Maybe I can make more progress during our retreat.  Or just maybe I'll start a new project.  Hmmmmm.

I want to welcome my new followers.  Wow, I'm at 195!!  Just 5 more and then the giveaway announcement will be made.  So stay tuned for that and for photos from the retreat.  Oh yes, and photos of those gifts I can't show you right now.  Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Your embroidery is lovely. I do hope your thumb improves - oh the joys of crafting and age!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress Cathy. Such a pretty design.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to have a fun get together! A stitching weekend is a fun way to enjoy a weekend with some friends. Song of the Seasons looks great - hope your thumb starts to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler is lovely. How nice to be stitching pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sampler. And your retreat sounds amazing! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching! I love how the over-dyed floss looks in this design.

    ReplyDelete