Sunday, January 19, 2014

Almost Missed The Party

Last year I participated in the Grow Your Blog party hosted by Vicki at 2 Bags Full, and had fun viewing new-to-me blogs and adding followers to my own blog.  I fully intended to join the party again, but found out that I missed the sign-up by a few days.  Woe is me.  I usually follow the rules, but this time I missed the boat and decided to ask in a nice way if I could still join.  Vicki sent me a message back saying that she would indeed include me and to go ahead and sign up.  Yay!  So on January 25th, I'll be participating with about 500 other bloggers in this event.  I'll also be including a prize drawing as part of Grow Your Blog, so watch for my post for details.

I was on the hunt for some deep blue fabric to stitch a special little gift, but was having trouble finding the right shade.  Finally I hit the jackpot by contacting Leslie at Under the Sea Fabrics.  I had the winning bid on one of her fabrics during her auction, and added a beautiful deep blue fabric to my order.
Harvest Moon & Witching Hour
Yeah, that made my day.  And now for the bonus:  I get to start something new!

On Facebook, I'm a member of a little cross stitch group of friendly stitchers.  We are doing a Valentine exchange with stitched cards.  This is a totally new craft for me!  I did finish mine, but will wait to post the result here until it is received.  I did crochet a little add-on last week. 
Awwww, cute, right?  And yes, I finally got some red yarn.  I had originally learned how to crochet this little heart with gold yarn because that was all I had available.  You can find the instructions to make this little cutie at Maybe Matilda's blog.  Just click on the "crochet" button and that will take you to all of her crochet projects including these Valentine hearts.  They're amazingly easy, even for me. 

What do you think of my blog's new look?  I'd had the old one for quite a while and decided to spruce up the blog a little in anticipation of the Grow Your Blog party.  Happy colors for this time of year, when it's most needed!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your new blog look! Your crocheted heart is adorable.

    Have a good week!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete