Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happiness In The Mail & Fun Blogs To Follow

I want to share with you a few new things I've acquired in the past couple of weeks. While browsing through some of my favorite blogs, I came across this free pattern, "Spring Bunny Love", which can be found on The Snowflower Diaries blog.  Maja is a very talented designer and perusing her blog makes me happy.  Please take a moment to visit her blog and you'll see what I mean.  This lovely spring design led me to the blog, Handmade by Nina, which is also a wonderful place to spend some time.  When I ordered the threads for "Spring Bunny Love" from Nina, I found out that it is a pleasure doing business with her.  And the threads (and bonus hand-dyed rickrack) got to me so quickly all the way from Hungary!
While visiting a cross stitch group I belong to on Facebook (let's see how much more trouble I can get into), I ran across a chart that just spoke to me.  This one is "Love" from New York Dreamer, a company I wasn't familiar with.  So off I went to 1-2-3 Stitch! and lo and behold, there it was.  They're so nice -- they list the the suggested threads for the project, so I was able to get everything I needed for this project!  Like I need more stuff.  Well, yes, indeed, I do.
The photo doesn't do this design justice, so I'll keep you updated as I stitch. 

Way back in February, I took part in the Grow Your Blog Party.  This provided me and many others with a list of dozens of blogs to visit.  One of these was Blue Finch, where you will find gorgeous jewelry creations by Rachel.  As a part of the party, Rachel offered to send a pair of handmade earrings to each commenter on her post!  I received my earrings yesterday and they are lovely -- I will truly enjoy wearing them!
Remember - this is the last day to comment on my giveaway blog post to win the chart "America" by Little House Needleworks.  I will be drawing a name tomorrow, April 15th, and will announce the winner sometime tomorrow evening.  Good luck!

6 comments:

  1. Hello

    I love that bunny pattern, thank you for the links for the design and for the lovely threads.
    The "Love" design is very sweet and the earrings are very pretty.

    I hope there is another Grow Your Blog party soon because I would like to join.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Grow Your Blog Party was organized by Vicki at the blog, "Two Bags Full". It was an awesome way to see other people's blogs and introduce them to yours! If I see another event like this, I'll be sure to post the link to it.
      Cathy

      Delete
  2. The bunnies are so adorable.

    I can't wait to see your progress on the new Love design. Very pretty.

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of the fibers for the bunny. Will check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both designs are lovely and the threads are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, thank you for purchasing one of my designs " love", I hope you liked it when was finished.
    Ezia,
    New York Dreamer.

    ReplyDelete