Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Little Christmas In July

Remember those stitched-but-not-finished ornaments I found a while back?  I decided that this will be the last Christmas that they sit in a drawer, and began my finishing project this weekend.  Here's my first effort.  I can only assume that this came out of the 1997 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue because the other two with it were from that magazine.  I think.  I can't check because I no longer have that issue.  (GRRRRR, I really have to get over it).  ANYWAY, for the backing I used leftover fabric from the wreath project that Sheila and I did, and sparkly gold rick-rack and some beads and pins for the edges!  I'm pretty proud of myself.  

I also found a new product, Terrifically Tacky Tape, which I used to stick the fabric edges to the backer boards.  Love this stuff!  I will definitely be stocking up on different sizes of this tape for more ornament finishes and other crafting endeavors.  

As for the other two ornaments, I realize that I have to make a trip to one of my favorite craft stores to get some supplies for these finishes. Oh darn, a trip to Joann's.  Think I can get Sheila to join me?  I do think that this is a good start.  Very encouraging for someone who hasn't done a lot of ornament finishing.  

Thank you for all of your comments and encouragement in previous posts.   I read and enjoy each one of them.  Also notice that I now have 92 followers!  Only eight to go and then I'll post all about the giveaway drawing!

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job!! Love the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! I have a few that need to be finished too so I am looking forward to seeing how you finish the others. Enjoy your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish! Congratulations. I can't wait to see how you finish the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had to check out Terrifcally tacky tape online, looks like a must have before I start my Ornament finishing.... Thanks for Sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone else started humming Christmas songs, hey here in TX triple digits for a long time to come, thinking of cooler weather is how I survive. I do wish you had shown the back. I never know how to finish mine off and would appreciate hints on how to do it without using those little frames. Also I don't really sew, so any tips for doing it without sewing would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete