Tuesday, April 3, 2012

And This Is What I Did With It!

In my last post, I showed you the little thread catcher that I had made.  Here's what I did with it.  We have a gift exchange on our Saturday Stitch Days and Starbucks cards are always very popular.  So the thread catcher became a gift card holder!  Sheila picked my gift and became the owner of this cute little ort catcher.  Now she can stitch and enjoy some good coffee too!  My fellow stitchers gave the thread catcher good reviews, so I'll be whipping up more of these for sure. 

Flowering Cherry Tree
Encore Azalea
Spring is in full bloom here and the pollen has actually abated.  Yay!  The temps here are more like mid-May than early April.  All of our perennials are showing signs of new growth, if not already blooming.  It seems really early for some of them, but it's so beautiful that I'm not questioning it too much.  Both of these blooms are from my backyard.  The flowering cherry tree was a total surprise to us during our first spring here.  We didn't know what kind of tree it was until the pretty pink flowers appeared.  It's just a wonderful springtime treat to see it.

Not much stitching or craftiness of any kind has been happening here lately.  Mark and I went on a mini-spring-break trip to Florida last week.  It was a busy kind of trip, so I didn't even take my stitching.  And now I'm back to work and using my free days getting caught up with laundry and house cleaning.  We're having our family and some friends over for Easter dinner.  And wait!  There will actually be some creativity involved with that!  I'll include photos on my next post.  Have a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment